Monday, February 16, 2009

Web2.0 Rethinking Our Schools

  • When watching those video's i feel like the task of teaching students in this day and age can be a daunting task. 
  • I want to be able to give the students i work with every advantage but it seems to be an impossible thing to do. 
  • Being one of the first generations to have grown up with a computer i am able to relate with the students of today and tomorrow because i have had the experiences that they've had when it comes to using a computer within the school setting. 
  • The part that really stands out to me and should stand out to all teachers is the piece about not knowing what we are preparing our students for in the future.
  • For me, teaching physical education, I have some idea about what the future holds because my field isn't changing as radically as others.
  • The challenge for me in my field is to incorporate technology into what we are doing in areas such as body fat testing, V02 max measuring and other things where technology plays a huge role. 
  • As the cost of technology goes down the availability to use it in a class will go up so I look forward to seeing what will happen in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. On the surface --- not such a great impact on PE. However, Google Sheets to record heart rate before/after activity, plot improvement/growth over time, videos to demonstrate perfection or post kids so parents can see, etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete