Monday, February 16, 2009

My Favorite Web2.0 tools

  • So far Skype is one of the web2.0 tools that i like. I'm working with Catchvideo.net and playing with how that will work for me. 
  • I'm trying to work with it to save a youtube video so that i can embed it into a blog for this class. It's currently processing the video so we'll see how long it's going to take to save the video on my computer. Thats' where i'm at in my web2.0 serfing. 
  • The impact of web 2.0 to my classes can be extensive. The ability to use web tools and not have to save anything to one specific site (ie computer) will be very handy.
  • I will be able to be mobile with my class and go to different sites around town all the while having the ability to keep updated with things such as grades, calendars, and activities.
  • This will also be nice with people who don't have a computer because they will be able to go down to the library and use these tools without having to download anything to that computer.

2 comments:

  1. This is WAY COOL. You really understand the challenges we face and are seeing these applications as great problem solving tools. Yep, I'm anxiously awaiting an embedded video in your blog. PLEASE be ready to demo this to the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start. Be sure to define Web2.0 in your own words and develop the rest of the great ideas you started.

    ReplyDelete