Monday, February 23, 2009

Skype Post

I have had Skype for a while now and have really enjoyed how it works. I have a couple friends who are currently living in Europe and other places across the country and when I get the chance to talk to them we usually talk through Skype. There was an evening where one of my wife's friends who lives in Montana wanted to "hang out" with us so I hooked up Skype and turned on the webcam and she turned hers on and it was just like she was sitting in the room with us. That was the first time we've done something like that and it was an amazing expirience.  I can see how that could be a great expirience in a classroom. The idea of guest speakers could be done daily instead of once a term. You could also do classroom projects with other classes anywhere in the world. I think it could make those commercials a reality instead of a fantasy. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're finding some personal apps for this tool. Your idea for 'guest speakers from any where in the world' is right on!

    ReplyDelete